Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Memorial Day! (In Canada, eh?)

Yes, I know, how very unpatriotic! It's been a long time since I've last visited Toronto and since Shannon made the trip from Colorado for the weekend, what better time to go!? Here are just a few pictures from the very short trip! Enjoy!
Royal Ontario Museum - Daniel Libeskind


Totem PolesButterflies
"I have a big head... and little arms!" - T-Rex in Meet the Robinsons

The ROM was as much of an artifact as the items it contained. This building is one I would have loved to have had a hand in designing.
The CN Tower is still truly amazing even if its height has been trumped. The informational movie that they show still calls it the tallest building in the world... I think it might be time to update that. It was surpassed in 2007 by the Burj Khalifa (Dubai, UAE) but still remains the tallest structure in the Western Hemisphere http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CN_Tower.

It would probably be a bit too high to watch the Toronto Blue Jays but we did get to see them closing the dome!



The pictures don't really give you the best idea of exactly how high up you are when you're in the observation deck but let me just tell you - it was high. How many people can say they stood 1,465 feet above the ground on a glass floor and looked down?
After the 2 hour drive back we were all exhausted but it was definitely worth it!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool Jackie! I was planning on uploading and sorting out photos from our last trip over, and thought I'd see if you had any latest updates, and you have! Florida looked like a lot of fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totem pole big! Almost as big as family xmas tree. Canada IS a great place to visit - there are very few Ravens that far north! Have seen Orioles up there though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, I have a few more photos that I plan to post to this blog but because my internet SUCKS I got cut off after just the two. Stay tuned for more from Toronto! :)

    ReplyDelete