Thursday, February 11, 2010

2010 Record Snowstorm

The coming of the snow (and following Nick's blog) has inspired me to create one of my own to share with those of you that I don't get to see or speak to on a regular basis. I will do my best to keep up with it so I ask that you please be patient with me!



Being from Buffalo, New York, I know ALL about snow and I must say, Maryland just got A LOT of it! This storm brought record breaking amounts of snow and I have about 42 inches on my back deck - not including the drifts. This winter (so far) there has been a total accumulation of over 79 inches! I live on a culdesac and it has been a major challenge just trying to find anywhere to put the snow. With several houses sharing driveway entrances, moving the snow required walking it all the way from the bottom of the driveway back up to the house to dump it.



The first storm on Saturday was so quiet... creepy really, and definitely a far cry from the snow we got Tuesday. There were blizzard speed winds and I couldn't see the flagpole down the street.
I heard from a friend that the police were fining people $500 if they were out on the roads. It may seem a steep price to pay, but really, where do you need to get to that badly that you're willing to drive when you can't see 3 feet in front of your face?

The wind and snow finally tapered off last night around 10 PM. So, after a good night sleep and a very large cup of coffee, it was out for round... I don't know how many, of shoveling. At least the sun is shining and if it wasn't for all of the snow on the ground, no one would ever know there was a blizzard yesterday.

I had to include this last picture because it was just too stinkin' cute! Mocha wants to know when he can go outside!





1 comment:

  1. Hey!!! Wicked blog, cool to see someone right in the mix of the heavy weather over there. Nice to see I've inspired someone!

    I am now 'following' you, so will be waiting for updates!

    Nick

    ReplyDelete